probably not ryan’s ultimate father’s day gift, but man! can this guy knock out some window treatments when he puts his mind to it.
he’d be hinting about a Home Depot gift card, but i really thought it’d be for landscaping. boy, was i surprised by this guy. after almost 5 years of marriage, this threw me for a loop. but if there’s one thing i’ve learned in 5 years, it’s when he wants to complete a project, i just go with it, because i’m never sure when the enthusiasm will be back around.
he knocked out 5 cornice boards/valances on Saturday. ALL.BY.HIMSELF. the pictures are proof. i barely even helped pick out the fabric.
these are the before pictures. super bare and vanilla.
and the after.
materials we used:
- 1×4 8 ft Common Board ($5.98 x 7)= $41.86
- 3/8″ 4×8 PB Underlayment ($17.44 x 3)= $52.32
- 2 tubes Liquid Nails, 2 X $1.83 = $3.66
- Zircon studsensor = $19.97
- Lithium 9V battery for studsensor = $6.97
- 3/8″ Galvanized staples, 2 X 3.22 = $6.44
- 8 X 5/8″ screws (50 pack) = $1.94
- 3″ Corner Brackets ($3.77 x 3) = $11.31
- JoAnn‘s: fabric- BHG Jayda Bramble ($17.49 x 8.875 yrds) = $155.22
- 120 x 120 Low Loft Batting ($16.19 x 2) = $32.38
- Walmart: More 120 x 120 Batting because we ran out ($8.47 x 2) = $16.94
total = $349.01
he made 5, so that’s $69.80 a piece. not bad when you look at it that way. plus, my mom gave the Home Depot gift card, so we only actually spent $150 of our money. thank you MOM!
and E too. she loved helping her daddy.
this guy is pretty handy. i’ll keep him around. maybe next father’s day
i we can get some area rugs. i have 365 days to plant the seed.